Fortified Home Inspections, is your trusted provider of comprehensive inspection services for new homes. Our team of experienced and licensed inspectors use state-of-the-art technology to provide you with a thorough examination of your new home, ensuring you have all the information you need to make an informed decision.
A question we get often is, why do I need to get an inspection with a brand new home?
Here’s the answer. No new home build is perfect. We have seen all of the deficiencies that come with a new home build. This includes and is not limited to: warped walls, attic rain, no insulation in the attic, improper installation of components, incorrect placement of furnace and hot water heater, and so much more…
Are you going to go up into the attic and check the depth of insulation and check to ensure your trusses aren’t broken during the pre-possession walkthrough?
Are you familiar with the Construction Performance Guide and the Alberta New Home Warranty?
That’s why we’re here to help.
Fortified is proud to offer the following services to meet all of your New Home inspection needs:
Our pre-drywall inspection is designed to identify any issues with the structure, framing, insulation, and service components of your new home before the drywall is installed. This allows you to address any potential problems early on, saving you time and money in the long run. We will also help review your home builder plans to familiarize ourselves with the property and ensure everything is “according to plan”.
Our pre-possession inspection is designed to identify any issues with your new home before you take possession. Our inspectors will thoroughly examine the property, including the electrical and plumbing systems, HVAC, roof, and all other major components.
11-Month Inspection or 1-Year Home Warranty Inspection:
Our 11-month inspection or 1-year home warranty inspection is designed to identify any issues with your new home within the first year of ownership. This allows you to address any problems before your 1st-year warranty expires and ensure your home is in good working order. We always reference the latest edition of the Construction Performance Guide for the Alberta New Home Warranty to help save you time from reading the 300+ page document.
Additionally, all inspections include the following services:
- Thermal Imaging: We use thermal imaging technology to identify areas where there may be insulation problems, air leaks, or moisture issues. This allows us to detect potential problems early on, saving you time and money in the long run.
- Drone Service: Our inspectors use drones equipped with high-resolution cameras to examine hard-to-reach areas such as the roof, chimneys, and gutters. This provides a comprehensive view of your property and helps us identify any issues that may not be visible from the ground.
- UV Scan: Our inspectors use UV scans to detect any signs of mold or mildew, which can have serious health consequences. We will provide you with a report on any issues we find and recommend steps you can take to address them.
In addition to these services, our comprehensive home inspection package includes a thorough examination of the following areas:
- Structural Components: Foundation, Floors, Walls, Columns, Roofs / Ceilings, Underfloor Basement, and Crawl Space.
- Interior: Walls, Ceilings, Floors, Steps / Stairways, Balconies / Railings, Counters Cabinets, Doors, Windows, Fire separation walls and ceilings if visible; Access door to House / Garage Door.
- Exterior: Wall cladding, Flashing and Trim, Entry Door, Windows, Garage Door opener, Decks / Balconies and Steps, Eaves, Soffits and Fascia Vegetation-(adverse impact on structure), Grading / Drainage Flashings / Penetrations, Skylights, Chimneys, and Evidence of Leaking.
- Electrical: Service type, Service conductor, Service ground, Over Current Protection devices (if any), Main and distribution panels, Light switches, Receptacles, and Ground fault / Arc fault interrupters.
- Plumbing: Interior supply distribution piping, Fixtures / Faucets, Water heater, and Sump Pumps.
- Heating: Heating Equipment, Energy source, Operate controls, Flues and Vents, Fireplaces, Distribution Systems, Air Filters, and Heat Source.
- Cooling: Cooling Equipment and Operate Controls (unless the outside temperature is below 17 degrees Celsius).
- Insulation / Ventilation: Insulation if visible, Vapour retarder if visible.
At Fortified, we understand the importance of a thorough inspection, and we are dedicated to providing our clients with the information they need to make an informed decision. Our inspectors will provide you with a detailed report of their findings, including recommendations for repairs or further investigation, as well as a summary of the home’s overall condition.
We are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of service, and we are proud to offer fast and reliable service with the ability to schedule inspections at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule your new home inspection and take the first step towards a confident and informed home-buying experience.
New Communities We Inspect
- Orchards At Ellerslie
- Heritage Valley
- Hawks Ridge
- Cy Becker
- Newcastle (Rapperswill)
- Crystallina Nera
- Cobalt Beach
- Erin Ridge
- Jensen Lakes
- Riverbank Landing
- Valencia On The Park
- Emerald Hills
- Salisbury Village
- Black Stone
- Boulder Court
- Deer Valley
- West Haven Park
- Forest Ridge
- Southfort Meadows
- Windsor Pointe
- Harvest Ridge
- Kenton Village
- Genesis on the Lake
- The Brickyard